The tomato seedlings needed transplanting. Their wee roots were poking out the bottom of the egg carton and the true leaves were having trouble growing. Books recommended transplanting to 4″ pots around this time. But I didn’t have any and didn’t want to buy any. So I looked around for a solution that would be free and for which I had the materials. Newspaper pots! There are tons of videos online. Here’s one.
It took me about 3 minutes to make each pot and my fingers got coated in nasty-feeling ink, but I made enough pots to transplant all my seedlings and to start some new ones. Best is, the pots can be planted right in the ground when it’s time to plant them out. Yay!